Disclaimers from other websites extend to this blog

By reading this blog, you bind yourself to the disclaimers of the websites that this blog addresses. You also bind yourself to Blogger's and Google's disclaimers. I have copyright to my comments.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Avenue-X--ProfRath Thinks That His Profession Trumps Facts

"Not surprisingly, DB, I totally disagree. You are welcome to your opinion of course. On the other hand, I totally agree with everything the lovely Miss Banks has to say. And remember, I am a Professor for chrissakes." -- ProfRath

Being a professor doesn't make you right, or give you a higher vantage point, on every topic under the sun. Your saying that would be like someone in the Army claiming to be an expert at being a fighter pilot.

Had the posters argued about something that falls under your expertise, then step right up and give them your perspective. If the poster said something about doing research, and submitting a study for peer review, then step right up. If the poster said something about grading papers, then step right up. There'd be a good chance that you're talking about something you have working and research knowledge on.

However, you agreed with Jenna Banks' opinion. I doubt that you teach economics, business, finances or any discipline that involves requiring basic economics knowledge.

If you do teach something in those areas, admitting such would only hurt your credibility as a professor.

But again, most universities and academic ivory towers are infested with liberals.

I've got a Masters degree in Business Administration. I agree with those that are debating with Jenna Banks. I highly disagree with Jenna Banks and those arguing on her side of the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment