Disclaimers from other websites extend to this blog

By reading this blog, you bind yourself to the disclaimers of the websites that this blog addresses. You also bind yourself to Blogger's and Google's disclaimers. I have copyright to my comments.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Avenue-X--Jenna Banks Dismisses Simple Math as Biased

[quote]Yes, we were in agreement about one of your comments, amazingly.

Unless your version of the English language has evolved....I can read.

As far as your post goes, it is really just regurgetated rhetoric...

BUT...Some friendly advice....

When speaking of "truth" and "fact" in your posts and discussions....remember that your opinion is just that, an opinion.

It is neither truth nor fact. Sorry if I burst your bubble.[/quote]

Yes, we were in agreement about how people would react to losing more money to taxes. That, we could agree on. We were also disagreed with each other when it came to tax rebates. We also disagreed with each other on other topics.

My post goes on to provide you with numbers to show you how your position was wrong.

As far as your ability to read... here's what I said in my last post:

"Just read Bin Laden's open letter to the United States. One of the things that we need to do to stop terror attacks against us is to convert to Islam. How he raves about Islam tells you his game plan for the rest of the world - everybody united under the banner of Islam." -- Yours Truly

If I didn't think that you could read, I wouldn't have asked you to read Bin Laden's open letter to the United States.

Some friendly advice about accusing others of generating "regurgitated" rhetoric and doing nothing but giving opinions.

Do realize that people that don't agree with you... who are willing to present an argument... aren't just spitting things out that was "forced fed" to them. I could say the same thing about your posts with regards to regurgitating rhetoric.

You've parroted leftist talking points I've seen before and after our debate.

I came up with my arguments on my own, based on my own experience, reading and research.

Your dismissing my facts as opinion is just a ploy. People with no argument consistently do that. It's an attempt to put our arguments on equal footing. Why, it's just an opinion, any one of us could be right or wrong! Or, best case scenario, there'd be "no" wrong answers.

The reality is that this isn't a clash of opinions. This is a clash between an argument backed by facts and logic... and an argument that's emotion driven. We're involved in an argument where one is right, and one is wrong.

Now, here are some examples of what I said, which you dismissed as "opinion:"

1. Whether they spend it little by little, or all at once, that's money that's going back to the economy. Take the 1,000,000 number, and multiply that by 300. That's $300,000,000 that's going back into the economy over the next few months.

2. Two things happen when people file their taxes. Either they get a refund, or they owe taxes. Guess who pays the lion share of our taxes? The rich and superrich.

3. These rebates aren't a "temporary" boost. Bush did something similar as soon as he entered office. His acts pulled us out of a recession, which started before his presidency. His actions also contributed to heavier economic growths.

I could go on and put a big chunk of my post here, but I'll spare you. Just do the math for the first point. I could pull up references to support the second and third points.

Not quite the "just your opinion" that you'd want me to believe.

You burst a bubble when you give someone the facts. Those facts have to make someone realize that he or she is wrong. You failed to do that. In order for that bubble to exist, that person has to believe in something that's not the case. Not applicable with me.

You don't build a bubble with facts. Also, you can't destroy the facts with your opinion. That bubble exists only in your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment