Disclaimers from other websites extend to this blog

By reading this blog, you bind yourself to the disclaimers of the websites that this blog addresses. You also bind yourself to Blogger's and Google's disclaimers. I have copyright to my comments.

Friday, August 26, 2011

What the Flag Abuser Doesn't Want You to Know

Hey Control Freak, you're abusing the purpose behind flaggings on this board. From the page before coming into craigslist:

"2. I understand "rants and raves" may include offensive content."

Obviously, many posts, mine specifically, OFFEND you. From Craigslist Terms of Use:

"9. NO SPAM POLICY

You understand and agree that sending unsolicited email advertisements to craigslist email addresses or through craigslist computer systems, which is expressly prohibited by these Terms, will use or cause to be used servers located in California.  Any unauthorized use of craigslist computer systems is a violation of these Terms and certain federal and state laws, including without limitation the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (18 U.S.C. § 1030 et seq.), Section 502 of the California Penal Code and Section 17538.45 of the California Business and Professions Code.  Such violations may subject the sender and his or her agents to civil and criminal penalties."

Read that 10 times, then read it laud 3 times, then write it word for word 3 times if you have to in order to get it.

As for OVER-POSTS.

The intent of that part of their flagging policy is to flag multiple duplicate posts. This is clarified further: "in multiple cities/categories." For it to be considered "too frequently," it has to exist as multiple posts. The first part: posted too frequently," means that there are multiple existing posts in one city or category.

The intent for that is to have only ONE post of its kind ACTIVE. You said you'd flag the second post. Second to what? It has to be second to a first post that people could read. But there's a problem with that. You deleted the original. It doesn't count as a "first" post for flagging purposes.

Reposting a post that you flagged doesn't count as posting "too frequently." It's a single active post that has no duplicate existing posts in this, or other forums.

Your clones and you complain about political posts being "mis-categorized." You'd have an argument if you were CONSISTENT. For instance:

This rants and rave post belongs to the groups forum:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/840738415.html

These rants and rave posts belong in the sports forum:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/840600776.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/840581205.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/840462624.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/840481243.html

These rants and rave posts belong in the Parenting forum:

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/840332950.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/840303433.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/839030069.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/840269624.html

Oh, and why are these political posts still up?

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/841627030.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/832550375.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/834497041.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/838181202.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/837273868.html

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/rnr/837206439.html

There's more where THOSE came from, but you get the picture. Your clones and you flag my political posts, but other political posts stay up. The posts that I replied to didn't get deleted, but my replies did. So this statement goes out the window:

"I'll be honest about it," - CONTROL FREAK

No, You're not being honest with anybody, and you're not being honest with yourself.

So, you CAN'T give us the canard that politics don't belong here if you aren't consistent with what you flag for removal, and what you leave alone. I still see other posts here that should be in other forums.

I still see political posts here that you haven't flagged for removal.

Conversations don't belong on this forum. Yet, I don't see you constantly bitching up a storm about moving conversations elsewhere.

You just flagged the posts that inconvenienced YOU.

Then you took it upon yourself to decide for everyone else what they get to read, and what they don't get to read. So this throws your sincerity about getting rid of mis categorized posts, and frequent posts, out.

You flag my post, I repost them. If you STOP flagging my posts, I won't have to repost them. Yet, you're justifying your flagging my posts by saying that I post them too much... ignoring the fact that I wouldn't be doing this if you simply did what you tell other people to do regarding posts.

Which leads to another intent behind frequent posts.

It wasn't intended to prevent me from reposting something that was flagged. It was intended for people that post duplicate posts on the same or other forums. It was designed to make sure that only one ACTIVE post was displayed.

Based on the above facts, you've got no legitimate grounds for flagging my posts.

"if I've seen the same post more than once, I WILL flag the second post, and will continue to flag it as spam/over post." - CONTROL FREAK

In case of a flagged post, you may have seen something twice, but future readers haven't.

You're flagging posts that you have personal issues with. You don't want to see people challenging your drivel. So you have them deleted so that future readers only see your drivel, but not my replies to them.

That's the real reason you're flagging my posts, then crying about me reposting my replies.

I mean, who died and made you the rants and raves administrator?

You've taken it upon yourself to decide what's redundant, and what's not. You, either directly or through one of your clone identities, have consistently complained about my posts. Yet, you can't even follow the advice you dish out:

"It pissed you off, you had your say, now you have one of two choices in life, get over it, or die worried about it." - CONTROL FREAK

So let me get this straight. If you had your say, and someone comes behind you and hammers you, or says something that pisses you off, you abuse this board's flagging system.

But, if someone has issues with you doing this, they're supposed to suck it up and move on?

I know that I'm not the only one that sees the double standard in this statement. Why don't you do as you preach? If you see my posts, and other people's posts, and they piss you off, why don't you get over it or die worrying about it?

Your statement proves my belief that your arrogance is negatively correlated to your intelligence.

"I feel the same way about that political crap that was tossed out like bad gas from a bloated goat." - CONTROL FREAK

Correction, that you flagged for removal. I guess the aliens forgot to remove your anal probe again. Just because your shit is all backed up like that doesn't mean that you could spew it all over this board.

Again, leave that to future readers to decide. Don't deny them the opportunity to read my rebuttals to your clones', and your, posts.

"I would like to think that you have more in your life then to worry about what some woman you don't even know did." - CONTROL FREAK

And I'd like to think that you have more in your life than to worry about what people you don't even know did. But NOOOOOOOHHH! You see posts you've deemed unnecessary for future readers, get a hair up your ass, and go on a flagging spree.

"If you don't have anything better to consume your time, try getting a hobby. It's good for you. I make centerpieces for the holidays," - CONTROL FREAK

If hobbies consume your time, are good for you, etc, then obviously you need to find another hobby. Because the hobby you do isn't enough to keep you from wasting your time on this board. You seem to be on here constantly. And it's not doing any good at reducing your stress.

Besides, that hobby and you don't mix. Your actions on here contradict one of the underlying meanings of the holidays.

"and I'm now going to go out to my boyfriend's shop and make some more center pieces and post them onto my web site and sell some more of them." - CONTROL FREAK

I call BS. You wasted your time flagging posts when you could've given yourself time to go to the shop to make those centerpieces.

You said:

I'll be honest about it, if I've seen the same post more than once, I WILL flag the second post, and will continue to flag it as spam/over post. You complained about the woman wanting the ink cartridges and wanted delivery and I heard you the first time. To re post it the very next day is redundant and unneeded. I feel the same way about that political crap that was tossed out like bad gas from a bloated goat.
It pissed you off, you had your say, now you have one of two choices in life, get over it, or die worried about it. I would like to think that you have more in your life then to worry about what some woman you don't even know did. If you don't have anything better to consume your time, try getting a hobby. It's good for you. I make centerpieces for the holidays, and I'm now going to go out to my boyfriend's shop and make some more center pieces and post them onto my web site and sell some more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment