Disclaimers from other websites extend to this blog

By reading this blog, you bind yourself to the disclaimers of the websites that this blog addresses. You also bind yourself to Blogger's and Google's disclaimers. I have copyright to my comments.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back From Iraq--Thompsonx Relies on a Wiki Article


[quote]ORIGINAL: thompsonx
The wiki article is pretty heavily footnoted...it would seem you are disagreeing with all of those also.
If wiki is so easily manipulated why don't you go fix it [/quote]
Your comment is beside the point. I doubt that you'd embrace a heavily footnoted article if you disagreed with it. In fact, you dismiss my argument as "opinion," while ignoring the first hand account it's based on.

Using your logic, you're disagreeing with what I saw in Iraq.

I'm not disagreeing with the sources. I'm disagreeing with the author. The author cherry picked information that supported his/her opinion. That doesn't change the fact that he/she was off.

That article's approach used the, "There's a difference in size and strength, so let's resort to guerrilla tactics," approach to describe asymmetrical warfare.

The article did touch up on multi-dimensional warfare, but tried to "diminish" that angle. Asymmetrical warfare IS multi-dimensional; many of those dimensions defy what people see as war, acts of war, imminent threat, etc.

Your sarcastically telling me to go "fix it," proves that your wiki article should be taken with a grain of salt. Wikipedia doesn't have any real credibility.

As a professional writer, I refrain from using Wikipedia articles as sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment