Disclaimers from other websites extend to this blog

By reading this blog, you bind yourself to the disclaimers of the websites that this blog addresses. You also bind yourself to Blogger's and Google's disclaimers. I have copyright to my comments.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Someone Has Anger and Control Issues


The flagger, one of my debate opponents?

The only people that have thrown the, "are you never wrong?" or "you have a need to be right," or "you think you're never wrong," complaint at me are the same people that think they're always right.

It's usually the people that I argue against, or those that support them.

The "other" people that you talk about are trying to dismiss my argument as nothing but opinion.

I've backed my argument with facts, logic, and a reasoned argument. Show me where, in my posts or reposts, I say that my entire post is pure facts, and you'll have an argument. I'm going to tell you the same thing I've told the "others."

Anybody could express an opinion. I'm not arguing against that. I'm arguing against the "other" people's intent with dismissing my argument as "opinion." When they do that, they dismiss my argument's facts, logics, and reasoning.

It's a feeble attempt to say, "Either one of us could be right, either one of us could be wrong."

It's an attempt to put equal validity to both our posts. By doing this, they relieve themselves of defending their argument, or trying to prove my argument "wrong." They failed to do the latter.

In order for them to let me know that I'm "wrong," they have to use a reasoned argument with facts to prove that. They've consistently failed to do so. I've used logics, facts, and reason to counter their statements.

This isn't a case of "never" being wrong.

Like I indicated in the post you replied to, I don't start debates, or jump into debates, where other people know more than me. One requirement for me to jump into a debate is that I know a lot more than the people that I'm debating with.

I've used many of these same arguments on other boards. I've used many of my arguments over the years. I could do that because my arguments have solid ground. The other side is left with throwing the, "It's just your opinion," comment out because their argument doesn't have factual or logical basis.

Going back to the same post you addressed, here's what I said about opinions versus fact:

1.  "Facts and opinions aren't just mere semantics. The statement, 1 +1 = 2, is a factual statement. It's not an opinion. Any attempt to describe a reasoned argument as, "just an opinion," is an attempt to trivialize that strong argument."

On my arguing till I have the last word, what I said in the post that you responded to:

1. "I don't measure victory by who has the last word. I base that on how well the combatants use the facts, logics, and reason to back their arguments. As other posters have indicated, nobody has been able to do that against me here. I'm winning these debates."

2. However, it's needed if I'm to accomplish my objectives. You people have tried to destroy my credibility, and paint me as a person that I'm not. My having the last word on that is important as it sets the record straight. This contributes to people looking at my posts objectively.

3. "My continuing to argue until I fire the last shot has more to do with principle, and objective, than it does what you assumed. For instance, what right would I have to argue that the United States should continue fighting in Iraq until we accomplish our objectives... if I can't even do that on an online debate?" - Not Fooled

On your statement about my liking to argue, from the same post you addressed:

1. "Debating is one of my past times." - Not Fooled

2. "No, my debating ad infinitum doesn't "prove" that this is "all" I have. Far from it. This is one of my pastimes." - Not Fooled

If it's one of my past times, then obviously, I like to debate. But I don't debate just about anything. Go back and see the criteria I have for jumping into a debate.

On your statement about how I'd argue with Jesus' claims if he were to come down here. From the post that you read:

1.  "A prerequisite for me to jump into an argument is that I know more about the argument topic than the person that I'm arguing with."

So, if Jesus actually came down here and claimed to be such, I wouldn't argue against that. This isn't about me arguing for arguments sake, or to argue just about anything. I pick my arguments, and I argue with a purpose.


You spewed:

What is it with you? Is it that you are never wrong? Several posters have accused you of confusing opinion and fact. In your opinion, everyone but you is wrong about that. Or, is it that you are driven by some need to always have the last word? You said, 'IF these people truly wanted me to stop, they'd do the common sense thing to do and not reply to me.' Or, is it that you just like to argue? I swear, Jesus himself could appear in a bright fuzzy hat with a neon sign that said 'I'm the son of god' and you would argue with him about it. You get the last word on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment