Disclaimers from other websites extend to this blog

By reading this blog, you bind yourself to the disclaimers of the websites that this blog addresses. You also bind yourself to Blogger's and Google's disclaimers. I have copyright to my comments.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back From Iraq--Thompsonx Changes His Story

[quote]ORIGINAL:  thompsonx
[quote]thompsonx: If you try to weld with safety glasses on and not the proper shade of lense in your goggles you go blind.
Wrong. I know of allot of people that did fire watch with just clear goggles, they were right up on the welder. Their eye sights were still good.
Not all welding jobs produce enough lights and sparks to make someone want to turn away from the sparks. Most of times, you could look at the sparks without any protection, and not go blind, or get hit by a spark.[/quote]
thompsonx: The aws(american welding society) disagrees with your "expert opinion" My post referenced the weld PUDDLE not SPARKS. Please try to use your alleged speed reading abilities to try to comprehend what you are reading[/quote]

My speed reading helps me comprehend what I'm reading... it's not designed to see what you want me to see.

There's nothing "alleged" about my speed reading abilities, I actually do that. I understand what I'm reading.

Your strawman arguments are part of the problem. You're also advancing red herring statements.

Now, let's hang you with your own words again:

The firewatch guy is standing by with his fire extinguisher watching the SPARKS that are caused by the welder and making sure that they do not catch anything on fire." -- thompsonx

"Now when your squid daddy put on the welders helmet how was he able to see where the SPARKS went?" --thompsonx

"According to the aws(american welding society) the minimum shade used in welding gogles for oxy/acetylene is #5...this would preclude the welder from seeing where the SPARKS were falling." --thompsonx

I could go on, but do you see a trend?

You consistently argued sparks, and I argued that the sparks weren't the issue that you made them out to be. You mentioned sparks, I replied addressing sparks. This is proof that there's no problem with my reading comprehension abilities, or my speed reading abilities.

Your mentioning of "puddles" is something you did in the post that I'm addressing here. It's something new in your argument.

You're utilizing strawman and red herring statements. You're doing this to compensate for your inability to argue your position. You can't prevail with your one point, so you shift to another point.

The association that you talked about describes what should happen.

What happens in the real world; however, doesn't match with what they say should happen. And weld puddles? Every weld job that I've seen in the Navy and Army didn't produce the sparks of the intensity that you're portraying, and NONE left weld puddles.

Again, I'm not giving you opinion, but fact.

Here, answer these questions:

Does the state you live in require you to drive at the speed limit? YES [   ] NO [   ]

Does everybody in your state drive at the speed limit? YES [   ] NO [   ]

Just because the state sets a speed limit doesn't mean that everybody is going to drive under the limit. Likewise, just because welders are required to wear welding eye protection doesn't mean that every welder will follow that.

You're getting bogged down with book knowledge. You're disregarding human nature and common sense. You're foolishly debating against someone arguing from first hand experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment